We provide information and reviews on vehicle service contracts.
We personally purchase a plan from every company we review. That way, we can throughly evaluate each extended warranty service to see which ones have the best and most affordable coverage—from experience.
Why, you ask? Because you deserve to know the right fit for you.
It’s hard to know who offers you the best plans or deals. Most other review companies offer good reviews to companies who pay for it. We think you deserve a REAL assessment, not one that was paid for. Don't you agree?
Start reviewing warranties now.
Check out our top picks for vehicle warranty programs.
#1 Choice: Endurance Warranty
EMPOWERING CONFIDENCE FOR THE ROAD AHEAD™
Of all the extended auto warranty providers we’ve reviewed, Endurance is the best choice for auto protection plans. Endurance is the direct administrator of their extended auto warranties – which means they sell directly to you, the consumer....
- Direct Administrator of Claims
- Transparent Coverage
- Unlimited Miles for Vehicles Under 20 Years Old
- Plan Including Maintenance
- Salvage or Rebuilt Cars Are Covered
- 1-Year FREE Endurance Elite Benefits
A SMARTER WAY TO DO CAR
Overall, we really liked CARCHEX. We rated them number one among resellers and second overall. They were outranked by Endurance, which is an administrator and really performed head and shoulders above any of the competition. Nonetheless, CARCHEX did...
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Reseller working with several different providers
- Accepted by most dealerships and any certified mechanic
USA's #1 AUTO PROTECTION PROVIDER
CarShield is a big name in the extended auto warranty industry, in large part thanks to their robust TV ad campaigns featuring celebrities like Ice-T (love you, Ice!). We found them to be friendly and helpful and to have reasonable options for the...
- Reseller working with American Auto Shield
- Accepted by most dealerships and any ASE-certified mechanic
- Claims must be pre-approved
A digital-first warranty provider, Olive is certainly more tech-savvy than some of its competitors. However, unlike some major warranty providers, Olive doesn’t cover things like general maintenance costs.
- Simplicity of signup
- Friendly Customer Service
- Accepted by most dealerships and any certified mechanic, will work with any local mechanic
Protect My Car
While Protect My Car, commonly referred to as Protect or PMC, did have some nice benefits, we ultimately found their offering to be substandard relative to their asking price. Though we greatly enjoyed speaking with one of their ‘budgeting...
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Ambassador Maintenance Plans provide added benefits if you choose to buy in
- Plans administered directly by PMC
Our rating system.
How to tell if a company makes the cut.
NEW TO EXTENDED WARRANTIES?
What is an Extended Auto Warranty?
Once your vehicle’s factory or dealership warranty expires, you are left to pick up the costs associated with break downs. Sometimes, it’s only a few hundred dollars. Other times it can put you thousands of dollars behind. This is where extended warranties can come in handy. By paying a little each month, it saves you from having to shell out one lump sum when something goes wrong. You have a lot of options, which can get overwhelming. Don’t worry, we are here to help you decide which is best for you.